Diagnosis & Treatment Of Sciatica In Texas
Sciatica: A Radiating Pain
Typically affecting only one side of your body, sciatica refers to an aggravation or compression of the sciatic nerve that branches from your lower back through your hips and buttocks and down each leg.
Symptoms often include a radiating pain that travels down the path of the sciatic nerve. This pain can range from mild to severe and from uncomfortable to immobilizing. Other symptoms include:
- Lower back pain
- Hip pain
- Pain in the buttocks or leg that gets worse when sitting
- Burning or tingling down the leg
- A constant pain on one side of the buttocks
- Weakness, numbness, or difficulty moving the leg or foot
- A shooting pain that makes it difficult to stand up
When it comes to treating sciatica, there are several different methodologies to choose from:
- Self-care: this includes ice packs to reduce inflammation and conservative exercise to help manage symptomology.
- Medications: nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are used to help manage inflammation, as well as analgesics, muscle relaxants, steroids and nerve medication to manage pain.
- Therapy: This includes chiropractic treatment techniques, massage, stretching and acupuncture.
- Medical procedures: injection of cortisone and a numbing agent into the spine can help relieve back, neck, arm and leg pain associated with the condition.
Schedule An Appointment
Stop living in pain and start living your best life again.