Texas Pain Network

Texas Pain Network

Migraine Treatment

Migraines and Acute Headache Pain

Migraine and acute headache pain can be debilitating and can take away from the joys in life. Our certified providers are migraine specialists who use a combination of evidence-based procedures and holistic based methods to cure your chronic migraines. Procedures include physical rehabilitation, as well as emotional support through the procedures. Each client will have a different pain, stemming from a different issue in their body. Using these state-of-the-art procedures, our certified providers are able to accurately diagnose the source of your migraines/headaches in order to start a treatment plan to provide you with effective relief. Throughout the procedures and treatments, we want to hear your feedback in order to assess if the specific plan is working for you or not. To accurately do this, we will provide reassessment appointments in order to track your pain levels and reoccurrence of migraines/headaches. This is done after your first treatment to ensure we have you on the right path to expelling chronic pain as a result of migraine or headaches.

We understand the pain and frustration due to migraines and headaches. To support and mitigate this, we are able to diagnose headaches types based on location using our certified providers’ expertise. Once we have diagnosed the issue and understand where your migraines are originating from, we can create a personalized treatment process specifically for you.

Below are some options we may include in your treatment plan.

Migraine Treatment Options at The Texas Pain Relief Network


When patients experience an unbearable headache that becomes common over time, it is known as a migraine. Sensitivity towards light leads to this throbbing pain that typically arises from one side of the head and radiates through your body. This can lead to nausea and vomiting.

The patient might develop blind spots or tingling sensations in the arms and legs. The pain can be radiating, throbbing or dull, and may last from hours to days.

  • Changes in neurotransmitters of the brain
  • Flashing light
  • Blaring sound
  • Profound smell
  • Stress or hormonal changes
  • Nausea
  • Vomiting
  • Blind spots with numbness
  • Throbbing or drilling headache.

There are many ways to treat a migraine depending upon the frequency and intensity of pain. There are medications, treatments, knowledge, and support for pain relief. Learn to manage chronic pain conditions with experts at our centers equipped with best-in-class diagnosis and treatments. Get personalized pain relief and management programs to get back to your healthy life.

  • Cluster headaches:These are often times incredibly painful and debilitating. They typically occur only on one side of the head, behind the eye and in the same place every time. Lasting about 30-90 minutes, they can occur anywhere from 1-3 times per day. During an attack, your eyelid may droop, while light and sound sensitivity can be common side effects. The pain is often constant and steady and can feel like something hot is poking you right through the eye.
  • Migraine headaches: When it comes to migraines, 60% are usually on one side of the head, with the ability to shift sides at any time. The other 40% are on both sides of the head. The symptom is a severe, throbbing pain that often results in nausea, light, sound and smell sensitivity and even something called an aura, which involves muscle weakness, zig-zag vision lines or flashes of light that occur right before or during the migraine. 
  • Prodome is a phase that occurs typically 24 hours before the migraine headache actually begins and this can result in food cravings, frequent urination, uncontrollable yawning, fluid retention or unexplained mood swings. 
  • Flashing light

  • Tension headaches: Usually moderate to mild, tension headaches often appear as a steady, dull ache in a band-like formation across the forehead (think wearing a hat that’s too tight). They can be frequent or infrequent and usually are not bad enough to impair normal daily functioning. Over-the-counter medication will typically work just fine for these.
Treatment for cluster headaches consists of pain medications and supportive care. This includes oxygen therapy, calcium channel blockers, steroid injections, pain medication specific to cluster headaches and nerve pain medication. 

For migraines, there are specific pain medications used to reduce symptoms, as well as preventative medications to help minimize the risk of future attacks. From a more natural approach, acupuncture, massage therapy, chiropractic adjustments and cognitive behavioral therapy can also provide symptom management and pain relief.

Schedule An Appointment

Stop living in pain and start living your best life again.

Scroll to Top