Diagnosis & Treatment Of Fibromyalgia In Texas
Fibromyalgia | Texas Fibromyalgia Diagnosis & Treatment
Musculoskeletal pain resulting from chemical change in the brain causes fibromyalgia. Classified commonly as an over-active pain response, this condition more commonly occurs in women with stress being a causative suspect. Most often, those diagnosed with fibromyalgia will experience chronic pain in certain areas of the body, whole-body fatigue, bran fog and resulting depression.
Widespread Pain That Just Won’t Stop
Fibromyalgia is a disorder characterized by widespread musculoskeletal pain accompanied by fatigue, sleep, memory and mood issues. Many believe that fibromyalgia amplifies painful sensations by affecting the way your brain processes pain signals (with an over-intensified response).
Symptoms of fibromyalgia include:
- Widespread pain. The pain associated with fibromyalgia often is described as a constant dull ache that has lasted for at least three months. To be considered widespread, the pain must occur on both sides of your body and above and below your waist.
- Fatigue. People with fibromyalgia often awaken tired, even though they report sleeping for long periods of time. Sleep is often disrupted by pain, and many patients with fibromyalgia have other sleep disorders, such as restless legs syndrome and sleep apnea.
- Cognitive difficulties. A symptom commonly referred to as “fibro fog” impairs the ability to focus, pay attention and concentrate on mental tasks.
The disorder is more common in females than males and those suffering with fibromyalgia can also experience associated conditions including:
- Tension headaches
- Temporomandibular joint disorders (TMJ)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
While there is no cure for fibromyalgia, a variety of medications can help control symptoms. Exercise, relaxation and stress-reduction measures also may help, as well as:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Chiropractic treatments
- Massage acupuncture
Medication for pain management includes analgesics, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, nerve pain medication and muscle relaxers.
Texas Fibromyalgia Diagnosis & Treatment
There are many ways to treat Fibromyalgia pain through exercises or nonsurgical methods. Learn to manage chronic pain conditions with experts at our centers equipped with best-in-class diagnosis and treatments. Get personalized pain relief and management programs to get back to your healthy life.
Schedule An Appointment
Stop living in pain and start living your best life again.